The Asian Elephant Art And Conservation Project
At the age of seven this Asian elephant, named Hong, began painting with help from her mahout [caretaker], Noi Rakchang. When Hong was nine she was able to paint a picture of an elephant holding a flower using her trunk. Hong, along with a handful of other elephants in Thailand are now being trained to paint pictures. The artwork is sold anywhere from $200-$750, proceeds support The Asian Elephant Art & Conservation Project, which is dedicated to saving the diminishing number of Asian elephants by providing standards of training, care, food and habitat. This particular painting by Hong is named ‘I Picked This For You’ and sells for $750, to date Hong has painted this same picture over 90 times.
Most Watched Today
- Vigilante Motorcyclist Gets Revenge On People Who Litter
- Compilation Of Scaredy Dogs Terrified Of Walking Past Cats
- Jeb Corliss – Grinding The Crack.
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly
- Spitfire 944 – WWII Pilot Watches Footage Of His 1944 Crash Landing For The First Time
- Barack Obama In California.
- First Person To Buy An iPhone 6 In Perth, Australia, Immediately Drops It On Live Television