Man And Dog In Lake
John Unger and his 19-year-old dog Schoep from Bayfield, Wisconsin have stolen many hearts with one photograph taken by Hannah Hudson. John rescued Schoep when he was just 8 weeks old and the two have been best friends since. Schoep now suffers from severe arthritis in his legs and it hurts so bad that Schoep cannot sleep, but John has figured out a way to ease his best friend’s pain. John takes Schoep to the waters of Lake Superior and holds him until he falls asleep, sometimes the two stay in the water for hours. Hannah Hudson snapped a picture of the two and after sharing the picture on Facebook it has been liked over 300,000 times and shared more than 200,000 times. Since the image went viral John has received enough donations to treat Schoeps arthritis. Up to date information on Schoep’s surgery is available on the Bay Area Animal Hospital’s website and on this Facebook page dedicated to John and Schoep.
KARE 11 Interview With John Unger.
John And Schoep by Stonehouse Photography.
Most Watched Today
- Overjoyed Dog Passes Out When Family Member Returns Home After Two Years
- Kitten Attempts To Attack Ceramic Cat With Its Kung Fu Moves
- Scuba-Diving Soldier Returns Home Early From Afghanistan And Surprises His Family At The Beach
- Homeless Man Shares Pizza With Stranger In ’60 Seconds That Will Change How You Think’
- This Is Why You Don’t Mess Around With Bear Cubs
- 10 Things You Can’t Do When You’re Not A Cat
- Careless Driver Tailgating Cyclist Gets What He Deserves