Elephant Paints Self Portrait
At the age of seven this Asian elephant, named Hong, began painting with help from her mahout [caretaker], Noi Rakchang. When Hong was nine she was able to paint a picture of an elephant holding a flower using her trunk. Hong, along with a handful of other elephants in Thailand are now being trained to paint pictures. The artwork is sold anywhere from $200-$750, proceeds support The Asian Elephant Art & Conservation Project, which is dedicated to saving the diminishing number of Asian elephants by providing standards of training, care, food and habitat. This particular painting by Hong is named ‘I Picked This For You’ and sells for $750, to date Hong has painted this same picture over 90 times.
Most Watched Today
- Los Angeles Overreacts To .26 Inches Of Rain
- Two-Year-Old ‘Trick Shot Titus’ Basketball Trick Shots
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly.
- Capuchin Monkey Teaches A Human How To Crush Leaves
- This Japanese Tire Commercial Might Be The Scariest Commercial Ever
- Great Wall Luge, Mutianyu.
- Cat Wearing A Shark Costume Cleans The Kitchen On A Roomba
- 4-Year-Old Kai Sings ‘Grenade’ By Bruno Mars On Ellen.
- Channing Tatum Spoofs Jean-Claude Van Damme’s ‘Epic Split Stunt’
- Bull Terrier Dog Wears Special ‘Milk Pants’ To Feed Baby Goats
- Ryan Wang – 5-Year-Old Piano Prodigy On Ellen
- Jim The Ragtime Pianist At Disney World
- Kristen Bell – Sloth Causes Birthday Meltdown.
- The Escherian Stairwell At The Rochester Institute Of Technology