Elephant Paints Self Portrait
At the age of seven this Asian elephant, named Hong, began painting with help from her mahout [caretaker], Noi Rakchang. When Hong was nine she was able to paint a picture of an elephant holding a flower using her trunk. Hong, along with a handful of other elephants in Thailand are now being trained to paint pictures. The artwork is sold anywhere from $200-$750, proceeds support The Asian Elephant Art & Conservation Project, which is dedicated to saving the diminishing number of Asian elephants by providing standards of training, care, food and habitat. This particular painting by Hong is named ‘I Picked This For You’ and sells for $750, to date Hong has painted this same picture over 90 times.
Most Watched Today
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly
- BOATLIFT – An Untold Tale Of 9/11 Resilience
- Compilation Of Scaredy Dogs Terrified Of Walking Past Cats
- Compilation Of Jerk Cats Bullying Their Humans
- Compilation Of Furry Animal Thieves Who Will Steal Just About Anything
- Sh*t Girlfriends Say.
- Stubborn Husky Throws Tantrum When It’s Time To Leave The Dog Park