At the age of seven this Asian elephant, named Hong, began painting with help from her mahout [caretaker], Noi Rakchang. When Hong was nine she was able to paint a picture of an elephant holding a flower using her trunk. Hong, along with a handful of other elephants in Thailand are now being trained to paint pictures. The artwork is sold anywhere from $200-$750, proceeds support The Asian Elephant Art & Conservation Project, which is dedicated to saving the diminishing number of Asian elephants by providing standards of training, care, food and habitat. This particular painting by Hong is named ‘I Picked This For You’ and sells for $750, to date Hong has painted this same picture over 90 times.
Most Watched Today
- Maddie The 10-Week-Old Dachshund Puppy Quickly Learns To Ring Service Bell For Treats
- This Baby Minion Costume Might Be The Best Halloween Costume Ever
- Stage-Six Clinger Arrested After Getting Stuck In Ex-Boyfriend’s Chimney
- Canadian Weatherman Attempts To Deliver The Weather With A Large, Playful Dog
- Sh*t Girlfriends Say.
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly
- Dad Makes Adorable Minnie Mouse LED Halloween Costume For His Daughter