At the age of seven this Asian elephant, named Hong, began painting with help from her mahout [caretaker], Noi Rakchang. When Hong was nine she was able to paint a picture of an elephant holding a flower using her trunk. Hong, along with a handful of other elephants in Thailand are now being trained to paint pictures. The artwork is sold anywhere from $200-$750, proceeds support The Asian Elephant Art & Conservation Project, which is dedicated to saving the diminishing number of Asian elephants by providing standards of training, care, food and habitat. This particular painting by Hong is named ‘I Picked This For You’ and sells for $750, to date Hong has painted this same picture over 90 times.
Follow Most Watched Today
Most Watched Today
- Will Smith and ‘Carlton’ Rap And Dance On ‘The Graham Norton Show’
- The Escherian Stairwell At The Rochester Institute Of Technology
- Dachshund Dog Cleans Lion’s Teeth
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly.
- 4-Year-Old Kai Sings ‘Grenade’ By Bruno Mars On Ellen.
- Hundreds Of Police Stand In For Fallen Officer At Daughter’s Graduation
- Convos With My 2-Year-Old
- Ross Capicchioni Survival Story.
- Marine Reunited With Dog He Handled In Afghanistan
- 14-Year-Old Girl Effortlessly Covers Van Halen’s ‘Eruption’ Guitar Solo
- Ellen’s Dance Dare Finalist – Adam Saleh.
- Talking To Costco Shoppers Using Only Song Lyrics.
- Ellen Dances With Dancing Nana
- Will Smith Raps ‘The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air’ Theme.
- Robinsons ‘Pals’ Commercial
- What Happens When Two Monkeys Are Paid Unequally
- Daft Punk’s ‘Get Lucky’ Meets ‘Soul Train’
- ‘This Is Water’ Commencement Speech By David Foster Wallace
- Bug-A-Salt – Salt Gun That Kills Flies.
- 2-Year-Old Girl Sings Along To Pearl Jam In The Car