At the age of seven this Asian elephant, named Hong, began painting with help from her mahout [caretaker], Noi Rakchang. When Hong was nine she was able to paint a picture of an elephant holding a flower using her trunk. Hong, along with a handful of other elephants in Thailand are now being trained to paint pictures. The artwork is sold anywhere from $200-$750, proceeds support The Asian Elephant Art & Conservation Project, which is dedicated to saving the diminishing number of Asian elephants by providing standards of training, care, food and habitat. This particular painting by Hong is named ‘I Picked This For You’ and sells for $750, to date Hong has painted this same picture over 90 times.
Most Watched Today
- Compilation Of Scaredy Dogs Terrified Of Walking Past Cats
- Los Angeles Overreacts To .26 Inches Of Rain
- Compilation Of Jerk Cats Stealing Dog Beds
- Compilation Of Cats Being Jerks And Knocking Things Over
- Los Angeles Overreacts To Cold Temperatures
- ‘Fast & Furious’ Pays Tribute To Paul Walker With Touching Video
- Two-Year-Old ‘Trick Shot Titus’ Basketball Trick Shots
- This Japanese Tire Commercial Might Be The Scariest Commercial Ever
- Slow Motion GoPro Footage Of BASE Jumper’s Cliff Jump Gone Wrong
- Capuchin Monkey Teaches A Human How To Crush Leaves
- Liquorville / Three Way – SNL Sketch with Justin Timberlake and Lady Gaga.
- Cancer Patients React To Receiving Hilariously Awful Makeovers
- Helmet Camera Captures Firefighter Bringing A Tiny Kitten Back To Life
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly.
- Dancing Pistons Usher And Young Fan Have Second Dance-Off On ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’