Five-time Grammy Award winner, LaDonna Adrian Gaines aka Donna Summer ‘Queen of Disco’ passed away this morning May 17th, 2012 in Key West, Florida, at the age of 63 she lost her battle against lung cancer. Donna believes she contracted lung cancer by breathing in toxic particles after the 9/11 attacks in New York City. Some of Summer’s most recognized songs include 70′s hits ‘Last Dance’ and ‘Hot Stuff’ and from the 80′s, ‘She Works Hard For The Money’ and ‘This Time I Know It’s For Real’. Summer also appeared in the 1978 film ‘Thank God It’s Friday’ and twice on the television show ‘Family Matters’ playing Steve Urkel’s Aunt, Oona from Altoona. At the time of Summer’s death she was working on releasing a new album.
Donna Summer – ‘Last Dance’
Donna Summer – ‘Hot Stuff’
Follow Most Watched Today
Most Watched Today
- The Escherian Stairwell At The Rochester Institute Of Technology
- 4-Year-Old Kai Sings ‘Grenade’ By Bruno Mars On Ellen.
- Marine Reunited With Dog He Handled In Afghanistan
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly.
- Abercrombie & Fitch Gets A Brand Readjustment
- Two Men Experience What It Feels Like To Give Birth
- Newborn Identical Quadruplets Think Their Dad Is Hilarious
- Pancake The Flat-Faced Kitten Nibbles On A Slice Of Watermelon
- Dog Sings Along To Adele’s ‘Make You Feel My Love’
- Daft Punk’s ‘Get Lucky’ Meets ‘Soul Train’
- Compilation Of Creative Ways To Open A Beer
- Bug-A-Salt – Salt Gun That Kills Flies.
- ‘The Office’ Blooper Reel
- Kitten Gets Scared By A Couple Bearded Dragons
- The Baby Bachelor
- Rise And Shine
- Jim The Ragtime Pianist At Disney World
- Robinsons ‘Pals’ Commercial
- Drummer With No Hands Covers ‘Can’t Stop’ By Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Woman Free-Dives With Great White Shark