79-year-old Elizabeth Laird from Copperas Cove, Texas is known as ‘The Hug Lady’ at Fort Hood Military Base just a few miles away. Since June 2003 Elizabeth has hugged soldiers at every single deployment and homecoming at Fort Hood, earning the name ‘Hug Lady’. Staffers send Elizabeth regular manifests of all incoming and outgoing flights, she has also been cleared to greet soldiers at the airfield upon arrival/departure. Over the years Elizabeth has hugged more than 500,000 soldiers, she says ‘it’s my way of saying thank you for what you do’.
Follow Most Watched Today
Most Watched Today
- Will Smith and ‘Carlton’ Rap And Dance On ‘The Graham Norton Show’
- The Escherian Stairwell At The Rochester Institute Of Technology
- Dachshund Dog Cleans Lion’s Teeth
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly.
- 4-Year-Old Kai Sings ‘Grenade’ By Bruno Mars On Ellen.
- Hundreds Of Police Stand In For Fallen Officer At Daughter’s Graduation
- Convos With My 2-Year-Old
- Ross Capicchioni Survival Story.
- 14-Year-Old Girl Effortlessly Covers Van Halen’s ‘Eruption’ Guitar Solo
- Marine Reunited With Dog He Handled In Afghanistan
- Ellen’s Dance Dare Finalist – Adam Saleh.
- Ellen Dances With Dancing Nana
- Talking To Costco Shoppers Using Only Song Lyrics.
- ‘This Is Water’ Commencement Speech By David Foster Wallace
- Robinsons ‘Pals’ Commercial
- What Happens When Two Monkeys Are Paid Unequally
- Will Smith Raps ‘The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air’ Theme.
- I’m Elmo And I Know It.
- Daft Punk’s ‘Get Lucky’ Meets ‘Soul Train’
- Springboks Celebrate Fresh Grass By Pronking