79-year-old Elizabeth Laird from Copperas Cove, Texas is known as ‘The Hug Lady’ at Fort Hood Military Base just a few miles away. Since June 2003 Elizabeth has hugged soldiers at every single deployment and homecoming at Fort Hood, earning the name ‘Hug Lady’. Staffers send Elizabeth regular manifests of all incoming and outgoing flights, she has also been cleared to greet soldiers at the airfield upon arrival/departure. Over the years Elizabeth has hugged more than 500,000 soldiers, she says ‘it’s my way of saying thank you for what you do’.
Follow Most Watched Today on Facebook and you will always have the best online videos.
In Case You Missed It
Most Watched Today
- Houdini Honey Badger Repeatedly Escapes His Enclosure
- Watch What Happens When 24 People Apply For The ‘World’s Toughest Job’
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly
- Compilation Of Scaredy Dogs Terrified Of Walking Past Cats
- Liquorville / Three Way – SNL Sketch with Justin Timberlake and Lady Gaga.
- Man Dances On Street Corner For 30 Minutes After Losing A Bet To His Brother
- Young Boy Hugs A Chicken Named Love Bird
- Mysterious ‘Ghost Car’ Appears To Come Out Of Nowhere
- Kristen Bell – Sloth Causes Birthday Meltdown.
- Irish Priest Surprises Wedding Couple With His Version Of ‘Hallelujah’
- Man Sings ‘Let It Go’ In Voices Of 21 Disney And Pixar Characters
- The Escherian Stairwell At The Rochester Institute Of Technology
- Cat Excitedly Welcomes Home Her Owner After Three Days Away
- Father Tries To Reason With His One-Year-Old Son
- Steve Nash – The Documentary.