21,453 teddy bears were thrown onto the ice at the Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, Alberta as part of the Calgary Hitmen’s 18th annual Teddy Bear Toss game. The 16,912 fans were encouraged to bring teddy bears to the game and throw them onto the ice when the home team scores its first goal. In the game’s first period Pavlo Padakin scored the home team’s first goal and called the goal ‘unreal’ as teddy bears began flying onto the ice. It took about 45 minutes to clear the bears from the ice, from there the bears will be distributed to needy children.
Previously: Calgary Hitmen Teddy Bear Toss 2011.
Most Watched Today
- Maverick The Over Excited German Shepherd Leaps Off Boat To Swim With Dolphins
- Rescuers Spend Two Days Saving Dog Covered In ‘Rock-Solid’ Tar
- Audrey The 10-Week-Old Chihuahua Puppy Chases Bubbles In Slow Motion
- California Mother Refuses Life-Saving Treatment, Makes Ultimate Sacrifice For Her Newborn
- Cat’s ‘Meow’ Gets Dubbed With A Man’s Voice Saying ‘Hey’
- Irish Toddler Adorably Scolds Her Parents For Laughing During Her ‘Frozen’ Performance
- Russian Village Performs Spot-On Parody Of ‘Hideaway’ By Kiesza