Woman Tosses Son To Safety Seconds Before Being Swallowed Alive By Broken Escalator

Over the weekend at the Jingzhou Shashi Anliang department store in central China, 30-year-old Xiang Liujua died after a faulty escalator swallowed her alive. Liujua and her 2-year-old son had no idea that the escalator was broken until they were already on it. Once at the top of the escalator, a metal panel gave way and pulled Liujua and her son underneath. Liujua tossed her son to safety seconds before she was sucked into the machine. The tragic incident is still being investigated.
[CCTVNews] [H/T:Gawker / LATimes]


Facebook Conversations