The latest parody of Gotye’s ‘Somebody That I Used To Know’ is Dan Rib’s version called ‘The Kobe That We Used To Know’. The parody was created after the Los Angeles Lakers fell to the Oklahoma City Thunder 4 games to 1 in the 2012 NBA western conference semifinals.
Now and then I think of when you were much younger.
You had a fro and said that Jordan should respect your game.
With Shaq you won rings 1, 2, 3,
But you didn’t like his company.
You shipped him out and that’s an ache we all remember.
You can get addicted to a certain kind of winning.
Like resignation to a 6th ring. Always that ring.
So when the triangle came to an end
Well you said that you would win again.
But you admitted you would carry the team on your shoulders.
But you didn’t have to take that shot.
Just drive the lane and dump it off to either Pau or Bynum.
Those two guys are really tall
And when you keep it for yourself we never score enough.
You didn’t have to hog the ball.
You’re triple teamed so kick it out to either Blake or Sessions.
I know that they don’t shoot so well,
But you’re really not the Kobe that we used to know.
Now and then I think of all the shots right at the buzzer.
Always keeping me believing that it might go in.
But I don’t want to lose that way.
Hoisting shots from very far away.
You said that you could share the ball,
And we wouldn’t catch you clinging to the Kobe that we used to know.
Follow Most Watched Today
Most Watched Today
- Oklahoma Tornado Survivor Finds Her Lost Dog During Interview
- The Escherian Stairwell At The Rochester Institute Of Technology
- School Bus Driver Pulls April Fools’ Day Prank On His Students
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly.
- Teen Dies Of Cancer, But Leaves Behind Touching Goodbye Song ‘Clouds’
- 4-Year-Old Kai Sings ‘Grenade’ By Bruno Mars On Ellen.
- The ‘Most Destructive Tornado In History’ Hits Moore, Oklahoma
- Animals Are Awesome
- Bug-A-Salt – Salt Gun That Kills Flies.
- 2-Year-Old Josh Turnbull Scores A Goal
- Young Fox Plays With A Golfer’s Golf Ball
- Two Men Experience What It Feels Like To Give Birth
- ‘Fitch, Please’ – Ellen Slams Abercrombie & Fitch
- Abercrombie & Fitch Gets A Brand Readjustment
- High Diving Giraffes – Animated Short Film By Nicolas Deveaux
- Sh*t Girlfriends Say.
- Turbo Trailer
- Band Of Voices ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ Audition
- ‘Clouds’ By Zach Sobiech.
- Teenager Dies During Her First Solo Drive While Texting