Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire and Carey Mulligan star in Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby, based on the novel by F. Scott Fitzgerald. The Great Gatsby releasing Christmas Day, December 25th, 2012 in RealD 3D and 2D.
From the uniquely imaginative mind of writer/producer/director Baz Luhrmann comes the new big screen adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s novel, The Great Gatsby. The filmmaker will create his own distinctive visual interpretation of the classic story, bringing the period to life in a way that has never been seen before, in a film starring Leonardo DiCaprio in the title role. “The Great Gatsby” follows Fitzgerald-like, would-be writer Nick Carraway as he leaves the Midwest and comes to New York City in the spring of 1922, an era of loosening morals, glittering jazz and bootleg kings. Chasing his own American Dream, Nick lands next door to a mysterious, party-giving millionaire, Jay Gatsby, and across the bay from his cousin, Daisy, and her philandering, blue-blooded husband, Tom Buchanan. It is thus that Nick is drawn into the captivating world of the super-rich, their illusions, loves and deceits. As Nick bears witness, within and without the world he inhabits, he pens a tale of impossible love, incorruptible dreams and high-octane tragedy, and holds a mirror to our own modern times and struggles.
Most Watched Today
- Rescuers Spend Two Days Saving Dog Covered In ‘Rock-Solid’ Tar
- Maverick The Over Excited German Shepherd Leaps Off Boat To Swim With Dolphins
- California Mother Refuses Life-Saving Treatment, Makes Ultimate Sacrifice For Her Newborn
- Irish Toddler Adorably Scolds Her Parents For Laughing During Her ‘Frozen’ Performance
- Audrey The 10-Week-Old Chihuahua Puppy Chases Bubbles In Slow Motion
- Cat’s ‘Meow’ Gets Dubbed With A Man’s Voice Saying ‘Hey’
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly