Why Was The 7/7 Tribute Cut From The Opening Ceremony
NBC has been criticized in the past couple days for cutting a dance tribute for the victims of the London 2005 terrorist bombings from its Olympics Opening Ceremony coverage. Instead of a dance tribute featuring ‘Abide With Me by singer Emeli Sandé, NBC ran Ryan Seacrest interviewing Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps. NBC stated that the tribute ‘wasn’t tailored for the U.S. audience’, so they cut it from the Opening Ceremony. On July 7th, 2005 four Islamic terrorists detonated four bombs killing 52 citizens and themselves, over 700 more were injured. The bombings occurred 24 hours after London was selected to host the 2012 Summer Olympics. This is the tribute that NBC cut in United States and CTV cut in Canada.
Follow Most Watched Today on Facebook and you will always have the best online videos.
Most Watched Today
- Compilation Of Scaredy Dogs Terrified Of Walking Past Cats
- Compilation Of Jerk Cats Stealing Dog Beds
- Compilation Of Cats Being Jerks And Knocking Things Over
- Los Angeles Overreacts To .26 Inches Of Rain
- ‘Fast & Furious’ Pays Tribute To Paul Walker With Touching Video
- Pranksters Convince Alcoholic Friend He’s Been In A Coma For 10 Years After His 5th DUI
- Kindergartner Enthusiastically Signs Class’ Holiday Concert For Her Deaf Parents
- Los Angeles Overreacts To Cold Temperatures
- This Japanese Tire Commercial Might Be The Scariest Commercial Ever
- Capuchin Monkey Teaches A Human How To Crush Leaves
- Cancer Patients React To Receiving Hilariously Awful Makeovers
- Two-Year-Old ‘Trick Shot Titus’ Basketball Trick Shots
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly.
- Man Wears Pink Tutu In Photos To Make His Wife Laugh During Chemo Treatments
- Slow Motion GoPro Footage Of BASE Jumper’s Cliff Jump Gone Wrong