The Georgium Sidis
C.G.P. Grey takes a look at the correct name of our solar system’s 7th planet, Uranus. Several scientists pronounce the planet YUR-in-us and many youngsters like to pronounce the planet yoo-RAIN-us. Uranus was named The Georgium Sidis in 1781 by it’s discoverer William Herschel. By 1789 the planet had four names, The Georgium Sidis, Herschel, Neptune and Uranus, by the late 1800′s Uranus was the name most widely used.
Follow Most Watched Today
Most Watched Today
- The Escherian Stairwell At The Rochester Institute Of Technology
- Convos With My 2-Year-Old
- Kmart’s ‘Big Gas Savings’ Solves Your Big Gas Problems
- 14-Year-Old Girl Effortlessly Covers Van Halen’s ‘Eruption’ Guitar Solo
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly.
- 4-Year-Old Kai Sings ‘Grenade’ By Bruno Mars On Ellen.
- 2-Year-Old Josh Turnbull Scores A Goal
- Bug-A-Salt – Salt Gun That Kills Flies.
- 50 Common Misquotations
- Pannys Chocolate Factory Chocolate Illusion
- School Bus Driver Pulls April Fools’ Day Prank On His Students
- ‘Swedishness’ Mockumentary Satirically Examines Swedish Culture
- The Baby Bachelor Episode 2
- Oklahoma Tornado Survivor Finds Her Lost Dog During Interview
- Animals Are Awesome
- ‘Maybe’ Short Film.
- The ‘Most Destructive Tornado In History’ Hits Moore, Oklahoma
- Ross Capicchioni Survival Story.
- High Diving Giraffes – Animated Short Film By Nicolas Deveaux
- Two Men Experience What It Feels Like To Give Birth