Spencer West Climbs Mt. Kilimanjaro
31-year-old Spencer West had his legs amputated just below his pelvis at the age of 5 due to a genetic disease that caused muscles in his legs not to work. Spencer was told he probably wouldn’t be a functioning member of society, he proved them wrong and set out to ‘redefine possible’. Spencer and his two best friends trained for over a year to reach the highest point in Africa, the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro which stands at 19,341 feet [5895m]. On June 19th, 2012 Spencer and his best friends reached the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro, it took them seven days. In a later interview Spencer said, ‘By the time I got to the top my hands were numb, my elbows were sore, my shoulders were sore – but there’s something to be said about determination and trying to reach your goal’. Spencer climbed for charity, raising over $500,000 for clean water programs in East Africa.
Me To We – Spencer West.
Follow Most Watched Today
Most Watched Today
- The Escherian Stairwell At The Rochester Institute Of Technology
- Marine Reunited With Dog He Handled In Afghanistan
- 4-Year-Old Kai Sings ‘Grenade’ By Bruno Mars On Ellen.
- Sh*t Girlfriends Say.
- Pancake The Flat-Faced Kitten Nibbles On A Slice Of Watermelon
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly.
- Abercrombie & Fitch Gets A Brand Readjustment
- Two Men Experience What It Feels Like To Give Birth
- Bug-A-Salt – Salt Gun That Kills Flies.
- ‘The Office’ Blooper Reel
- Kitten Gets Scared By A Couple Bearded Dragons
- Dog Sings Along To Adele’s ‘Make You Feel My Love’
- Stefon’s ‘Saturday Night Live’ Farewell With Seth Meyers
- Newborn Identical Quadruplets Think Their Dad Is Hilarious
- Kristen Wiig – SNL Send Off.
- The Baby Bachelor
- High Diving Giraffes – Animated Short Film By Nicolas Deveaux
- 4-Year-Old Kai Sings ‘When I Was Your Man’ By Bruno Mars On Ellen
- John Unger And His Dog Schoep.
- Jim The Ragtime Pianist At Disney World