Original Elephant Painting
At the age of seven this Asian elephant, named Hong, began painting with help from her mahout [caretaker], Noi Rakchang. When Hong was nine she was able to paint a picture of an elephant holding a flower using her trunk. Hong, along with a handful of other elephants in Thailand are now being trained to paint pictures. The artwork is sold anywhere from $200-$750, proceeds support The Asian Elephant Art & Conservation Project, which is dedicated to saving the diminishing number of Asian elephants by providing standards of training, care, food and habitat. This particular painting by Hong is named ‘I Picked This For You’ and sells for $750, to date Hong has painted this same picture over 90 times.
Most Watched Today
- Watch What Happens When 24 People Apply For The ‘World’s Toughest Job’
- Father Tries To Reason With His One-Year-Old Son
- Flight Attendant’s Plane Jokes Make Pre-Flight Safety Precautions Tolerable
- Grandma And Young Man Stun ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ With Spectacular Salsa Routine
- Calvin The ‘Junk Mail Dog’ Battles Mailman Through The Mail Slot
- Worst ‘Wheel Of Fortune’ Contestant Ever Blows Shot At $1 Million Prize, Two Trips, A Car And More
- Father Creates Time-Lapse Of Daughter Growing From A Baby To A 14-Year-Old
- Four Well-Mannered Dogs Pray Before Eating Dinner
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly
- Baby’s First April Fools.
- Compilation Of Scaredy Dogs Terrified Of Walking Past Cats
- Man Dances On Street Corner For 30 Minutes After Losing A Bet To His Brother
- Cat Excitedly Welcomes Home Her Owner After Three Days Away
- Liquorville / Three Way – SNL Sketch with Justin Timberlake and Lady Gaga.
- Irish Priest Surprises Wedding Couple With His Version Of ‘Hallelujah’