Man With No Legs Climbs Mt. Kilimanjaro
31-year-old Spencer West had his legs amputated just below his pelvis at the age of 5 due to a genetic disease that caused muscles in his legs not to work. Spencer was told he probably wouldn’t be a functioning member of society, he proved them wrong and set out to ‘redefine possible’. Spencer and his two best friends trained for over a year to reach the highest point in Africa, the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro which stands at 19,341 feet [5895m]. On June 19th, 2012 Spencer and his best friends reached the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro, it took them seven days. In a later interview Spencer said, ‘By the time I got to the top my hands were numb, my elbows were sore, my shoulders were sore – but there’s something to be said about determination and trying to reach your goal’. Spencer climbed for charity, raising over $500,000 for clean water programs in East Africa.
Me To We – Spencer West.
Most Watched Today
- Compilation Of Scaredy Dogs Terrified Of Walking Past Cats
- Compilation Of Jerk Cats Stealing Dog Beds
- Compilation Of Cats Being Jerks And Knocking Things Over
- Los Angeles Overreacts To .26 Inches Of Rain
- ‘Fast & Furious’ Pays Tribute To Paul Walker With Touching Video
- Pranksters Convince Alcoholic Friend He’s Been In A Coma For 10 Years After His 5th DUI
- Kindergartner Enthusiastically Signs Class’ Holiday Concert For Her Deaf Parents
- Los Angeles Overreacts To Cold Temperatures
- This Japanese Tire Commercial Might Be The Scariest Commercial Ever
- Capuchin Monkey Teaches A Human How To Crush Leaves
- Magical Piano Brings Holiday Cheer To Travelers At Chicago’s Union Station
- Cancer Patients React To Receiving Hilariously Awful Makeovers
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly.
- Man Wears Pink Tutu In Photos To Make His Wife Laugh During Chemo Treatments
- Two-Year-Old ‘Trick Shot Titus’ Basketball Trick Shots