Man With No Legs Climbs Mt. Kilimanjaro
31-year-old Spencer West had his legs amputated just below his pelvis at the age of 5 due to a genetic disease that caused muscles in his legs not to work. Spencer was told he probably wouldn’t be a functioning member of society, he proved them wrong and set out to ‘redefine possible’. Spencer and his two best friends trained for over a year to reach the highest point in Africa, the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro which stands at 19,341 feet [5895m]. On June 19th, 2012 Spencer and his best friends reached the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro, it took them seven days. In a later interview Spencer said, ‘By the time I got to the top my hands were numb, my elbows were sore, my shoulders were sore – but there’s something to be said about determination and trying to reach your goal’. Spencer climbed for charity, raising over $500,000 for clean water programs in East Africa.
Me To We – Spencer West.
Follow Most Watched Today
Most Watched Today
- Will Smith and ‘Carlton’ Rap And Dance On ‘The Graham Norton Show’
- The Escherian Stairwell At The Rochester Institute Of Technology
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly.
- Dachshund Dog Cleans Lion’s Teeth
- 4-Year-Old Kai Sings ‘Grenade’ By Bruno Mars On Ellen.
- Hundreds Of Police Stand In For Fallen Officer At Daughter’s Graduation
- Ross Capicchioni Survival Story.
- Ellen’s Dance Dare Finalist – Adam Saleh.
- Convos With My 2-Year-Old
- Robinsons ‘Pals’ Commercial
- 88-Year-Old Grandma Dances Her Way Out The Door.
- Ellen Dances With Dancing Nana
- Kmart’s ‘Big Gas Savings’ Solves Your Big Gas Problems
- Jamin’s Downtown Disney Flashmob Proposal.
- Festival Of Colors 2012 – World’s Biggest Color Party.
- Claycat – The Raid.
- 2-Year-Old Girl Sings Along To Pearl Jam In The Car
- Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders Vs. U.S. Troops – ‘Call Me Maybe’.
- Will Smith Raps ‘The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air’ Theme.
- Daft Punk’s ‘Get Lucky’ Meets ‘Soul Train’