Invisible Children’s ‘Kony 2012′ has been one of the top stories this month, the original Kony 2012 video has over 100 million views and is one of the most liked video on YouTube. Today, Invisible Children’s CEO Ben Keesey and Director of Idea Development Jedidiah Jenkins give us an update on the issue and state they will be releasing Kony 2012 part II this coming week. Ben and Jedidiah say the second video will take us deeper into the story and the solution. So far the US House and Senate have recognized the issue and together have over 65 co-sponsers to ‘remove Joseph Kony and Lord’s Resistance Army commanders from the battlefield’.
Invisible Children co-founder Jason Russell who starred in the first Kony video had a mental break down Friday, March 16th in San Diego, CA. Jason’s wife Danica released a statement on her husband’s condition saying – Jason suffered from extreme exhaustion, stress and dehydration after the emotional and physical shock his body has gone through the past two weeks. Jason is expected to return to Invisible Children after a thorough recovery process that could take months.
Filmmaker Jason Russell visited Africa in 2003 and returned with a story that made people ask what they could do to help. Jason co-founded the non-profit Invisible Children Inc. which is working to make the leader of the Lord’s Resistance Army, Joseph Kony of Uganda famous by raising support for his arrest. Kony’s arrest will save thousands of women and children allowing them to live a normal life without fear from the LRA rebels. Jason shares with us his friend Jacob, who after losing his brother and not having the opportunity to attend school Jacob would rather die than live. Unfortunately the ‘United States will not get involved if our National Security or Financial Interest aren’t at stake’. The issue to the US government is not important enough to get involved. So, the people have spoken and made it clear that they want to see something done. Invisible Children currently has 475,000 fans on Facebook and looking to increase that number before April 20th. On the night of April 20th, Kony 2012 crews will hit the streets to set up posters, with hopes of grabbing national attention to the issue. This 30 minute video will be the best thing you watch all week and you can help by spreading the word to get our government involved.
Most Watched Today
- Los Angeles Overreacts To .26 Inches Of Rain
- This Japanese Tire Commercial Might Be The Scariest Commercial Ever
- Two-Year-Old ‘Trick Shot Titus’ Basketball Trick Shots Part 3 With Channing Tatum And Bradley Cooper
- Two-Year-Old ‘Trick Shot Titus’ Basketball Trick Shots
- Capuchin Monkey Teaches A Human How To Crush Leaves
- Dancing Pistons Usher And Young Fan Have Second Dance-Off On ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’
- Rion Paige X Factor Audition
- Helmet Camera Captures Firefighter Bringing A Tiny Kitten Back To Life
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly.
- Paul Walker Once Anonymously Bought An Engagement Ring For A Young Iraq Veteran And His Fiancee
- Liquorville / Three Way – SNL Sketch with Justin Timberlake and Lady Gaga.
- ‘Fast & Furious’ Pays Tribute To Paul Walker With Touching Video
- Kmart’s Controversial ‘Show Your Joe’ Commercial
- Som Sabadell Flash Mob.
- The Escherian Stairwell At The Rochester Institute Of Technology