10-year-old Kameron Slade, a fifth grader at P.S. 195 William Haberle in Queens, New York was set to deliver a pro-gay marriage speech at a school-wide competition Friday, June 15th. When principal Beryl Bailey found out Slade’s speech was about same-sex marriage she denied Slade from giving his speech. Bailey believed Slade’s topic was inappropriate for the school’s speech contest, Slade was required to choose a different topic or be dropped from the contest. Slade gave a speech about animal cruelty and lost. Slade’s speech gained national attention after sharing his banned speech with NY1. Gay city councilman and former teacher Daniel Dromm said, ‘Keeping Kameron’s original speech out of the contest was wrong, there is nothing inappropriate about this topic’. P.S. 195 William Haberle is now withdrawing the ban of the speech and holding a special assembly for Kameron Slade to share his same-sex marriage speech. Slade has also been invited to speak before the City Council and at several gay pride events.
Most Watched Today
- Los Angeles Overreacts To .26 Inches Of Rain
- This Japanese Tire Commercial Might Be The Scariest Commercial Ever
- Two-Year-Old ‘Trick Shot Titus’ Basketball Trick Shots Part 3 With Channing Tatum And Bradley Cooper
- Two-Year-Old ‘Trick Shot Titus’ Basketball Trick Shots
- Dancing Pistons Usher And Young Fan Have Second Dance-Off On ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’
- Helmet Camera Captures Firefighter Bringing A Tiny Kitten Back To Life
- Paul Walker Once Anonymously Bought An Engagement Ring For A Young Iraq Veteran And His Fiancee
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly.
- Liquorville / Three Way – SNL Sketch with Justin Timberlake and Lady Gaga.
- Rion Paige X Factor Audition
- Kmart’s Controversial ‘Show Your Joe’ Commercial
- The Escherian Stairwell At The Rochester Institute Of Technology
- Som Sabadell Flash Mob.
- Los Angeles Overreacts To Cold Temperatures
- Two-Year-Old Titus’ Basketball Trick Shots Part 2