Joel Allen HemLoft
After failing to retire at age 26, software developer Joel Allen was forced with a decision to go back to work as a software developer or his new found career as a carpenter. After a little help Joel decided to continue carpentry and build a small egg shaped home called ‘The HemLoft’ in the backwoods of British Columbia’s Whistler mountain. In August 2011 Joel and his girlfriend Heidi moved into the HemLoft. Joel took up an offer to share his secret treehouse throughout the world in Dwell magazine’s special outdoor edition. Joel submitted his work to Dwell in hopes of having an opportunity to continue building cool things. Joel’s HemLoft is in danger of taken down since it is built on crown land.
Follow Most Watched Today
Most Watched Today
- The Escherian Stairwell At The Rochester Institute Of Technology
- 14-Year-Old Girl Effortlessly Covers Van Halen’s ‘Eruption’ Guitar Solo
- Convos With My 2-Year-Old
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly.
- ‘Swedishness’ Mockumentary Satirically Examines Swedish Culture
- 4-Year-Old Kai Sings ‘Grenade’ By Bruno Mars On Ellen.
- 50 Common Misquotations
- The Baby Bachelor Episode 2
- Pannys Chocolate Factory Chocolate Illusion
- ‘Maybe’ Short Film.
- The ‘Most Destructive Tornado In History’ Hits Moore, Oklahoma
- School Bus Driver Pulls April Fools’ Day Prank On His Students
- High Diving Giraffes – Animated Short Film By Nicolas Deveaux
- Oklahoma Tornado Survivor Finds Her Lost Dog During Interview
- Animals Are Awesome
- Xbox One Reveal Highlights
- Carly Rose Sonenclar – ‘Feeling Good’ X Factor Audition.
- Bug-A-Salt – Salt Gun That Kills Flies.
- Ross Capicchioni Survival Story.
- 4-Year-Old Kai Sings ‘When I Was Your Man’ By Bruno Mars On Ellen