How Fast Can Evacuated Tube Transport Travel
ET3 or Evacuated Tube Transport Technologies has released a video of a new transportation idea that is cheaper and quieter than planes and trains. ET3 capsules weigh 400 pounds, can carry up to 800 pounds and are capable of speeds up to 4,000 mph. With those speeds the capsules can travel from New York City to Los Angeles in just 45 minutes, from Washington D.C. to Beijing in 2 hours and to the other side of Earth in 6 hours. The idea uses magnetic levitation or maglev technology, which is used in some high-speed trains today, removing air in the tubes would eliminate drag and allow for the capsule to travel at a high rate of speed. According to Wikipedia, in theory you could travel across the United States or across the Atlantic Ocean in approximately 21 minutes. This technology could be built for 1/10th the cost of high-speed rail or 1/4th the cost of freeway.
Follow Most Watched Today
Most Watched Today
- The Escherian Stairwell At The Rochester Institute Of Technology
- 4-Year-Old Kai Sings ‘Grenade’ By Bruno Mars On Ellen.
- Marine Reunited With Dog He Handled In Afghanistan
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly.
- Pancake The Flat-Faced Kitten Nibbles On A Slice Of Watermelon
- ‘The Office’ Blooper Reel
- Two Men Experience What It Feels Like To Give Birth
- Abercrombie & Fitch Gets A Brand Readjustment
- 4-Year-Old Kai Sings ‘When I Was Your Man’ By Bruno Mars On Ellen
- Kitten Gets Scared By A Couple Bearded Dragons
- Falling Elevator Floor Prank.
- SNL Veganville Skit With Justin Timberlake.
- Mario And Fafa – Back To School Boot Camp.
- Hot Scots Drum Line.
- Olympic Opening Ceremony – Mr. Bean ‘Chariots Of Fire’.
- Julia Child Remix – Keep On Cooking.
- The Social Revolution – Remember Me
- Kristen Wiig – SNL Send Off.
- ‘Kitchen Nightmares’ Restaurant Freaks Out On Facebook
- Som Sabadell Flash Mob.