How Fast Can Evacuated Tube Transport Go
ET3 or Evacuated Tube Transport Technologies has released a video of a new transportation idea that is cheaper and quieter than planes and trains. ET3 capsules weigh 400 pounds, can carry up to 800 pounds and are capable of speeds up to 4,000 mph. With those speeds the capsules can travel from New York City to Los Angeles in just 45 minutes, from Washington D.C. to Beijing in 2 hours and to the other side of Earth in 6 hours. The idea uses magnetic levitation or maglev technology, which is used in some high-speed trains today, removing air in the tubes would eliminate drag and allow for the capsule to travel at a high rate of speed. According to Wikipedia, in theory you could travel across the United States or across the Atlantic Ocean in approximately 21 minutes. This technology could be built for 1/10th the cost of high-speed rail or 1/4th the cost of freeway.
Follow Most Watched Today
Most Watched Today
- The Escherian Stairwell At The Rochester Institute Of Technology
- 14-Year-Old Girl Effortlessly Covers Van Halen’s ‘Eruption’ Guitar Solo
- Convos With My 2-Year-Old
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly.
- The Baby Bachelor Episode 2
- Pannys Chocolate Factory Chocolate Illusion
- 50 Common Misquotations
- 4-Year-Old Kai Sings ‘Grenade’ By Bruno Mars On Ellen.
- ‘Swedishness’ Mockumentary Satirically Examines Swedish Culture
- The ‘Most Destructive Tornado In History’ Hits Moore, Oklahoma
- School Bus Driver Pulls April Fools’ Day Prank On His Students
- ‘Maybe’ Short Film.
- High Diving Giraffes – Animated Short Film By Nicolas Deveaux
- Animals Are Awesome
- Oklahoma Tornado Survivor Finds Her Lost Dog During Interview
- Bug-A-Salt – Salt Gun That Kills Flies.
- Xbox One Reveal Highlights
- Ross Capicchioni Survival Story.
- Carly Rose Sonenclar – ‘Feeling Good’ X Factor Audition.
- 4-Year-Old Kai Sings ‘When I Was Your Man’ By Bruno Mars On Ellen