Hong Elephant Painting
At the age of seven this Asian elephant, named Hong, began painting with help from her mahout [caretaker], Noi Rakchang. When Hong was nine she was able to paint a picture of an elephant holding a flower using her trunk. Hong, along with a handful of other elephants in Thailand are now being trained to paint pictures. The artwork is sold anywhere from $200-$750, proceeds support The Asian Elephant Art & Conservation Project, which is dedicated to saving the diminishing number of Asian elephants by providing standards of training, care, food and habitat. This particular painting by Hong is named ‘I Picked This For You’ and sells for $750, to date Hong has painted this same picture over 90 times.
Most Watched Today
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly
- Vigilante Motorcyclist Gets Revenge On People Who Litter
- Spitfire 944 – WWII Pilot Watches Footage Of His 1944 Crash Landing For The First Time
- Compilation Of Scaredy Dogs Terrified Of Walking Past Cats
- Jeb Corliss – Grinding The Crack.
- Texas Homecoming Queen Passes Down Crown To A Bullied Friend
- 8-Year-Old Girl Stuns Norwegian ‘Late Show’ With ‘Fly Me To The Moon’ Performance