Goddard Space Flight Center
June 5th, 2012 NASA’s Solar Dynamics Observatory [SDO] captured the transit of Venus crossing the face of the sun, the event lasted approximately 6 hours. The transit of Venus occurs in pairs of 8 years and separated from each other by 105 or 121 years. The last time it occurred was in 2004 and it will not happen again until 2117 making it the rarest predictable solar events.
NASA gives us a short tour and visualizes the evolution of Earth’s moon. The moon has remained unchanged for thousands of years but NASA’s Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter has taken a closer look and provides us with a little of the moon’s history.
Tour of the Moon
Follow Most Watched Today
Most Watched Today
- Will Smith and ‘Carlton’ Rap And Dance On ‘The Graham Norton Show’
- The Escherian Stairwell At The Rochester Institute Of Technology
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly.
- Dachshund Dog Cleans Lion’s Teeth
- 4-Year-Old Kai Sings ‘Grenade’ By Bruno Mars On Ellen.
- Coca-Cola Brings Pakistan And India Together
- Hundreds Of Police Stand In For Fallen Officer At Daughter’s Graduation
- Homeless Girl Graduates Valedictorian Of Her High School Class
- Convos With My 2-Year-Old
- Bug-A-Salt – Salt Gun That Kills Flies.
- Marine Reunited With Dog He Handled In Afghanistan
- Tsung Tsung – 6-Year-Old Piano Prodigy On Ellen.
- Ross Capicchioni Survival Story.
- 14-Year-Old Girl Effortlessly Covers Van Halen’s ‘Eruption’ Guitar Solo
- Kmart’s ‘Big Gas Savings’ Solves Your Big Gas Problems
- Will Smith Raps ‘The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air’ Theme.
- Ellen Dances With Dancing Nana
- I’m Elmo And I Know It.
- High Diving Giraffes – Animated Short Film By Nicolas Deveaux
- Talking To Costco Shoppers Using Only Song Lyrics.