ET3 or Evacuated Tube Transport Technologies has released a video of a new transportation idea that is cheaper and quieter than planes and trains. ET3 capsules weigh 400 pounds, can carry up to 800 pounds and are capable of speeds up to 4,000 mph. With those speeds the capsules can travel from New York City to Los Angeles in just 45 minutes, from Washington D.C. to Beijing in 2 hours and to the other side of Earth in 6 hours. The idea uses magnetic levitation or maglev technology, which is used in some high-speed trains today, removing air in the tubes would eliminate drag and allow for the capsule to travel at a high rate of speed. According to Wikipedia, in theory you could travel across the United States or across the Atlantic Ocean in approximately 21 minutes. This technology could be built for 1/10th the cost of high-speed rail or 1/4th the cost of freeway.
Follow Most Watched Today
Most Watched Today
- Russell Brand Destroys MSNBC’s ‘Morning Joe’ And Shows Them How To Do Their Job
- The Escherian Stairwell At The Rochester Institute Of Technology
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly.
- Fresh Breath Of Farm Air – A ‘Fresh Prince’ Parody
- Jimmy Fallon And Brad Pitt Yodel Duet
- 3-Year-Old Dustin Sings Nicki Minaj On Ellen.
- Little Boy Explains To His Mother Why He Doesn’t Want To Eat Octopus
- ‘Prancercise’ Lady Stars In John Mayer’s New Music Video ‘Paper Doll’
- Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues Trailer
- Photojournalist Captures Powerful Point-Of-View Video Inside Brazil Protests
- John Unger And His Dog Schoep.
- Danny MacAskill’s ‘Imaginate’ Riding Film
- Disney ‘Frozen’ Teaser Trailer
- Twin Baby Girls Have The Time Of Their Lives Playing With Rubber Bands
- ‘Bitchy Resting Face’ – Disorder That Makes Women Look Bitchy When They’re Not
- Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders Vs. U.S. Troops – ‘Call Me Maybe’.
- ‘Trick Shot Titus’ Takes On Kobe Bryant, Metta World Peace And Jason Collins
- Sh*t Girlfriends Say.
- 4-Year-Old Kai Sings ‘Grenade’ By Bruno Mars On Ellen.
- Two-Year-Old Titus’ Basketball Trick Shots.