At the age of seven this Asian elephant, named Hong, began painting with help from her mahout [caretaker], Noi Rakchang. When Hong was nine she was able to paint a picture of an elephant holding a flower using her trunk. Hong, along with a handful of other elephants in Thailand are now being trained to paint pictures. The artwork is sold anywhere from $200-$750, proceeds support The Asian Elephant Art & Conservation Project, which is dedicated to saving the diminishing number of Asian elephants by providing standards of training, care, food and habitat. This particular painting by Hong is named ‘I Picked This For You’ and sells for $750, to date Hong has painted this same picture over 90 times.
Most Watched Today
- ‘What Does The Fox Say?’ Christmas Light Show
- Compilation Of Scaredy Dogs Terrified Of Walking Past Cats
- Compilation Of Jerk Cats Stealing Dog Beds
- Waffles The Cat Fails To Jump Off A Snow-Covered Car
- Los Angeles Overreacts To .26 Inches Of Rain
- Young Man With Down Syndrome Reacts To Receiving College Acceptance Letter
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly.
- United States Air Force Band Surprises Museum-Goers With A Holiday Flash Mob
- Compilation Of Cats Being Jerks And Knocking Things Over
- Som Sabadell Flash Mob.
- Burning Fireplace Ugly Christmas Sweater.
- Helmet Camera Captures Firefighter Bringing A Tiny Kitten Back To Life
- Liquorville / Three Way – SNL Sketch with Justin Timberlake and Lady Gaga.
- ‘Fast & Furious’ Pays Tribute To Paul Walker With Touching Video
- Vicious Stray Cat Attacks Woman In The Snow