At the age of seven this Asian elephant, named Hong, began painting with help from her mahout [caretaker], Noi Rakchang. When Hong was nine she was able to paint a picture of an elephant holding a flower using her trunk. Hong, along with a handful of other elephants in Thailand are now being trained to paint pictures. The artwork is sold anywhere from $200-$750, proceeds support The Asian Elephant Art & Conservation Project, which is dedicated to saving the diminishing number of Asian elephants by providing standards of training, care, food and habitat. This particular painting by Hong is named ‘I Picked This For You’ and sells for $750, to date Hong has painted this same picture over 90 times.
Follow Most Watched Today
Most Watched Today
- The Escherian Stairwell At The Rochester Institute Of Technology
- Teenager Dies During Her First Solo Drive While Texting
- 4-Year-Old Kai Sings ‘Grenade’ By Bruno Mars On Ellen.
- ‘Fitch, Please’ – Ellen Slams Abercrombie & Fitch
- Marine Reunited With Dog He Handled In Afghanistan
- Sh*t Girlfriends Say.
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly.
- Pancake The Flat-Faced Kitten Nibbles On A Slice Of Watermelon
- Abercrombie & Fitch Gets A Brand Readjustment
- Two Men Experience What It Feels Like To Give Birth
- Bug-A-Salt – Salt Gun That Kills Flies.
- Stefon’s ‘Saturday Night Live’ Farewell With Seth Meyers
- Saturday Night Live Presents ‘Xanax For Gay Summer Weddings’
- ‘The Office’ Blooper Reel
- Dog Sings Along To Adele’s ‘Make You Feel My Love’
- Kitten Gets Scared By A Couple Bearded Dragons
- Newborn Identical Quadruplets Think Their Dad Is Hilarious
- The Baby Bachelor
- Kristen Wiig – SNL Send Off.
- High Diving Giraffes – Animated Short Film By Nicolas Deveaux