At the age of seven this Asian elephant, named Hong, began painting with help from her mahout [caretaker], Noi Rakchang. When Hong was nine she was able to paint a picture of an elephant holding a flower using her trunk. Hong, along with a handful of other elephants in Thailand are now being trained to paint pictures. The artwork is sold anywhere from $200-$750, proceeds support The Asian Elephant Art & Conservation Project, which is dedicated to saving the diminishing number of Asian elephants by providing standards of training, care, food and habitat. This particular painting by Hong is named ‘I Picked This For You’ and sells for $750, to date Hong has painted this same picture over 90 times.
Follow Most Watched Today
Most Watched Today
- The Escherian Stairwell At The Rochester Institute Of Technology
- Pancake The Flat-Faced Kitten Nibbles On A Slice Of Watermelon
- 2-Year-Old Josh Turnbull Scores A Goal
- The ‘Most Destructive Tornado In History’ Hits Moore, Oklahoma
- ‘Fitch, Please’ – Ellen Slams Abercrombie & Fitch
- Teenager Dies During Her First Solo Drive While Texting
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly.
- Bug-A-Salt – Salt Gun That Kills Flies.
- Sh*t Girlfriends Say.
- 4-Year-Old Kai Sings ‘Grenade’ By Bruno Mars On Ellen.
- Young Fox Plays With A Golfer’s Golf Ball
- Two Men Experience What It Feels Like To Give Birth
- Saturday Night Live Presents ‘Xanax For Gay Summer Weddings’
- Canadian Singer Butchers U.S. National Anthem
- Abercrombie & Fitch Gets A Brand Readjustment
- Extreme 19 – The World’s Longest Par 3
- Band Of Voices ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ Audition
- ‘Aliens’ In 60 Seconds
- Marine Reunited With Dog He Handled In Afghanistan
- Newborn Identical Quadruplets Think Their Dad Is Hilarious