At the age of seven this Asian elephant, named Hong, began painting with help from her mahout [caretaker], Noi Rakchang. When Hong was nine she was able to paint a picture of an elephant holding a flower using her trunk. Hong, along with a handful of other elephants in Thailand are now being trained to paint pictures. The artwork is sold anywhere from $200-$750, proceeds support The Asian Elephant Art & Conservation Project, which is dedicated to saving the diminishing number of Asian elephants by providing standards of training, care, food and habitat. This particular painting by Hong is named ‘I Picked This For You’ and sells for $750, to date Hong has painted this same picture over 90 times.
Most Watched Today
- Compilation Of Jerk Cats Stealing Food From Dogs
- Teenager Does The Ice Bucket Challenge After Having Her Wisdom Teeth Removed
- Compilation Of Furry Animal Thieves Who Will Steal Just About Anything
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly
- This Powerful Anti-Obesity PSA Will Make You Want To Eat Healthier
- Two Dogs Dining.
- Man Dances On Street Corner For 30 Minutes After Losing A Bet To His Brother