21-year-old UC Berkeley Engineering freshman Derek Low has created BRAD [Berkeley Ridiculously Automated Dorm] after three weeks and several hundred dollars. BRAD controls his entire dorm room including curtains, lights and disco ball, all through voice recognition, motion sensors and a mobile application. BRAD’s modes include a morning alarm, sleep mode, homework mode, romantic mode and party mode which includes strobe lights, fog machine and more. For a closer look, Derek invites people to visit his dorm located at Unit 2, Griffiths Hall #402 on University of California’s – Berkeley Campus. Not only is Derek a clever engineer he is also an avid traveler, on his website, WheresDerek.net he has been to 211 cities in 33 countries.
Follow Most Watched Today
Most Watched Today
- Will Smith and ‘Carlton’ Rap And Dance On ‘The Graham Norton Show’
- The Escherian Stairwell At The Rochester Institute Of Technology
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly.
- 4-Year-Old Kai Sings ‘Grenade’ By Bruno Mars On Ellen.
- Dachshund Dog Cleans Lion’s Teeth
- Homeless Girl Graduates Valedictorian Of Her High School Class
- Coca-Cola Brings Pakistan And India Together
- Bug-A-Salt – Salt Gun That Kills Flies.
- Hundreds Of Police Stand In For Fallen Officer At Daughter’s Graduation
- Convos With My 2-Year-Old
- 14-Year-Old Girl Effortlessly Covers Van Halen’s ‘Eruption’ Guitar Solo
- Kmart’s ‘Big Gas Savings’ Solves Your Big Gas Problems
- Tsung Tsung – 6-Year-Old Piano Prodigy On Ellen.
- Marine Reunited With Dog He Handled In Afghanistan
- Talking To Costco Shoppers Using Only Song Lyrics.
- Ross Capicchioni Survival Story.
- High Diving Giraffes – Animated Short Film By Nicolas Deveaux
- Two Men Experience What It Feels Like To Give Birth
- Jeff Gordon ‘Test Drive’.
- Will Smith Raps ‘The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air’ Theme.