David McCullough Jr. an English teacher at Wellesley High School in Wellesley, Massachusetts speaks at the school’s commencement telling graduating students, ‘You are not special’. The commencement has become one of the most watched videos this week reaching 250,000 views in one day. McCullough goes on to say:
Follow Most Watched Today on Facebook and you will always have the best online videos.
Across the country no fewer than 3.2 million seniors are graduating about now from more than 37,000 high schools. That’s 37,000 valedictorians… 37,000 class presidents… 92,000 harmonizing altos… 340,000 swaggering jocks… 2,185,967 pairs of Uggs. But why limit ourselves to high school? After all, you’re leaving it. So think about this: even if you’re one in a million, on a planet of 6.8 billion that means there are nearly 7,000 people just like you. Imagine standing somewhere over there on Washington Street on Marathon Monday and watching sixty-eight hundred yous go running by. And consider for a moment the bigger picture: your planet, I’ll remind you, is not the center of its solar system, your solar system is not the center of its galaxy, your galaxy is not the center of the universe. In fact, astrophysicists assure us the universe has no center; therefore, you cannot be it.
Most Watched Today
- ‘What Does The Fox Say?’ Christmas Light Show
- Compilation Of Scaredy Dogs Terrified Of Walking Past Cats
- Waffles The Cat Fails To Jump Off A Snow-Covered Car
- Compilation Of Jerk Cats Stealing Dog Beds
- Liquorville / Three Way – SNL Sketch with Justin Timberlake and Lady Gaga.
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly.
- Som Sabadell Flash Mob.
- Los Angeles Overreacts To .26 Inches Of Rain
- Compilation Of Cats Being Jerks And Knocking Things Over
- Helmet Camera Captures Firefighter Bringing A Tiny Kitten Back To Life
- Young Man With Down Syndrome Reacts To Receiving College Acceptance Letter
- United States Air Force Band Surprises Museum-Goers With A Holiday Flash Mob
- 16-Year-Old Sings Pitch-Perfect Rendition Of Elvis Presley’s ‘Blue Christmas’
- ‘Fast & Furious’ Pays Tribute To Paul Walker With Touching Video
- Three-Week-Old Husky Puppy Howls For The First Time