[Updated] 39 minutes into a midnight premiere of The Dark Knight Rises 24-year-old James Holmes entered theater 9 of Century 16 in Aurora, Colorado and opened fire. Holmes kicked in a door wearing a bullet proof vest and gas mask, after releasing a smoke bomb he walked up the theater stairs shooing randomly. In the shooting 12 have died [10 on scene 2 in hospitals] and 59 others injured, handful are still in critical condition, the youngest in the incident was a 3-month-old who was treated and released from the hospital. Holmes didn’t resist when he was arrested in the rear parking lot of the theater just 1 to 2 minutes after police were called. Holmes booby trapped his apartment to distract police before his theater rampage, the distraction failed. Over 200 officers arrived on scene transporting injured people to local hospitals. Holmes is originally from San Diego and withdrew from the University of Colorado Medical School a month ago. The family of James Holmes released a statement saying, ‘our hearts go out to those who were involved in this tragedy and the family and friends of those involved’. Barack Obama cut short his campaign event in Florida holding a moment a silence for the friends and family of those involved. Warner Bros. has canceled the movie’s Paris premiere and police officers in New York City will watch over screenings of ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ to prevent copycat shootings. Jessica Ghawi, one of the twelve victims, writes under the name Jessica Redfield escaped from the Eaton Center mall shooting in Toronto just one month ago on June 2nd, 2012. Obama orders US flags be flown at half-staff until July 25 as ‘mark of respect’ for shooting victims in Colorado.
Barack Obama On Aurora Shooting.
Moments After The Shooting.
Police Scanner During The Incident.
Follow Most Watched Today
Most Watched Today
- Will Smith and ‘Carlton’ Rap And Dance On ‘The Graham Norton Show’
- The Escherian Stairwell At The Rochester Institute Of Technology
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly.
- Dachshund Dog Cleans Lion’s Teeth
- 4-Year-Old Kai Sings ‘Grenade’ By Bruno Mars On Ellen.
- Coca-Cola Brings Pakistan And India Together
- Homeless Girl Graduates Valedictorian Of Her High School Class
- Bug-A-Salt – Salt Gun That Kills Flies.
- Hundreds Of Police Stand In For Fallen Officer At Daughter’s Graduation
- Convos With My 2-Year-Old
- 14-Year-Old Girl Effortlessly Covers Van Halen’s ‘Eruption’ Guitar Solo
- Kmart’s ‘Big Gas Savings’ Solves Your Big Gas Problems
- Marine Reunited With Dog He Handled In Afghanistan
- Tsung Tsung – 6-Year-Old Piano Prodigy On Ellen.
- Ross Capicchioni Survival Story.
- Ellen Dances With Dancing Nana
- Will Smith Raps ‘The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air’ Theme.
- High Diving Giraffes – Animated Short Film By Nicolas Deveaux
- Two Men Experience What It Feels Like To Give Birth
- Talking To Costco Shoppers Using Only Song Lyrics.