31-year-old Spencer West had his legs amputated just below his pelvis at the age of 5 due to a genetic disease that caused muscles in his legs not to work. Spencer was told he probably wouldn’t be a functioning member of society, he proved them wrong and set out to ‘redefine possible’. Spencer and his two best friends trained for over a year to reach the highest point in Africa, the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro which stands at 19,341 feet [5895m]. On June 19th, 2012 Spencer and his best friends reached the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro, it took them seven days. In a later interview Spencer said, ‘By the time I got to the top my hands were numb, my elbows were sore, my shoulders were sore – but there’s something to be said about determination and trying to reach your goal’. Spencer climbed for charity, raising over $500,000 for clean water programs in East Africa.
Me To We – Spencer West.
Follow Most Watched Today on Facebook and you will always have the best online videos.
In Case You Missed It
Most Watched Today
- Watch What Happens When 24 People Apply For The ‘World’s Toughest Job’
- Mysterious ‘Ghost Car’ Appears To Come Out Of Nowhere
- Drunk Man Struggles To Get Through Fence Until Boy Unintentionally Helps Him
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly
- Teen’s Unsafe Selfie Near Train Gets Disrupted By Train’s Conductor
- A Simple Technique For Cutting Cherry Tomatoes In Half
- Military Medic’s ‘Cast Rules Jingle’ Teaches Little Girl How To Take Care Of Her Cast
- Father Tries To Reason With His One-Year-Old Son
- Student With Down Syndrome Has The Best Reaction To College Acceptance Letter
- Heavy Caterpillar Machines Play Jenga With 600-Pound Pieces
- Compilation Of Scaredy Dogs Terrified Of Walking Past Cats
- Man Dances On Street Corner For 30 Minutes After Losing A Bet To His Brother
- Flight Attendant’s Plane Jokes Make Pre-Flight Safety Precautions Tolerable
- Four Well-Mannered Dogs Pray Before Eating Dinner
- Kristen Bell – Sloth Causes Birthday Meltdown.