31-year-old Spencer West had his legs amputated just below his pelvis at the age of 5 due to a genetic disease that caused muscles in his legs not to work. Spencer was told he probably wouldn’t be a functioning member of society, he proved them wrong and set out to ‘redefine possible’. Spencer and his two best friends trained for over a year to reach the highest point in Africa, the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro which stands at 19,341 feet [5895m]. On June 19th, 2012 Spencer and his best friends reached the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro, it took them seven days. In a later interview Spencer said, ‘By the time I got to the top my hands were numb, my elbows were sore, my shoulders were sore – but there’s something to be said about determination and trying to reach your goal’. Spencer climbed for charity, raising over $500,000 for clean water programs in East Africa.
Me To We – Spencer West.
Most Watched Today
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly
- Ghost Girl In Elevator Prank
- Compilation Of Jerk Cats Bullying Their Humans
- Compilation Of Furry Animal Thieves Who Will Steal Just About Anything
- Compilation Of Scaredy Dogs Terrified Of Walking Past Cats
- D. Westry – World’s Fastest Speed Painter.
- Farmers Make Bike Out Of Hay Bales – Tour De France.