In early October 2012, Red Bull Stratos will test human limits as they send Felix Baumgartner 120,000+ feet high in a stratospheric balloon. Upon reaching 23 miles [120,000+ feet] Felix will then make a freefall jump and reach supersonic speeds as he descends back to earth. Almost 52 years ago to the day, Joe Kittinger jumped 102,800 feet reaching 614 mph [988 km/h] and set four world records with one jump – highest balloon ascent, highest parachute jump, longest drogue-fall, and fastest speed by a human being through the atmosphere. Watch Baumgarnter’s jump live here. Launch time is set for 5:00 am PST October 9th, 2012.
Mission To The Edge Of Space.
Most Watched Today
- Vigilante Motorcyclist Gets Revenge On People Who Litter
- Kuu The Screech Owl Makes A Dramatic Entrance Into The Kitchen
- Toddler Ignores Military Protocol, Sprints Into His Mother’s Arms During Return Ceremony
- Watch What Happens When 4 Guys Agree To Get Bikini Waxes For The First Time
- Family Rescues Hummingbird Stuck In A Wad Of Used Chewing Gum
- Tiny Hungry Hamster Takes On Kobayashi In Adorable Hot Dog Eating Contest
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly