In an exclusive interview with ABC’s Robin Roberts, president Barack Obama publicly discusses same-sex marriage. During the interview Robin Roberts asks Obama if he still opposed same-sex marriage,
‘I have to tell you that over the course of several years as I have talked to friends and family and neighbors when I think about members of my own staff who are in incredibly committed monogamous relationships, same-sex relationships, who are raising kids together, when I think about those soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf and yet feel constrained, even now that Don’t Ask Don’t Tell is gone, because they are not able to commit themselves in a marriage, at a certain point I’ve just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same sex couples should be able to get married’.
Obama is the first president to openly support gay marriage. Portions of the interview will air tonight on World News with Diane Sawyer and tomorrow morning on Good Morning America.
Most Watched Today
- Chevrolet’s New Heart-Touching Commercial ‘Maddie’
- Lion Cub Triplets Meet Their Father For The First Time At The Oregon Zoo
- Woman Uses Laser Pointer And Her Husky Dog To Wake Up Her Boyfriend
- Adorable Little Girl Conducts Church Choir With Passion
- Determined Dachshund Tries To Drag Inflatable Shark Into His Kennel
- 8-Year-Old Boy Finds $20 Bill And Turns It Into A Priceless Gift
- Compilation Of Scaredy Dogs Terrified Of Walking Past Cats
- Woman Takes Her Winter Weather Frustrations Out On Snowman
- Sea Lion Befriends A Young Boy With Asperger’s Syndrome
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly.
- Compilation Of Hilarious Cat Jumping Fails
- The Mayhew Animal Home’s Touching Dog Rescue Ad ‘Unloved’
- Father And Baby Daughter Have An Adorable Workout Together
- New Orleans Police Officer Dances ‘The Wobble’ And ‘Cupid Shuffle’ At Mardi Gras
- Adorable 3-Year-Old Girl Donates Her Hair To Kids With Cancer