In an exclusive interview with ABC’s Robin Roberts, president Barack Obama publicly discusses same-sex marriage. During the interview Robin Roberts asks Obama if he still opposed same-sex marriage,
‘I have to tell you that over the course of several years as I have talked to friends and family and neighbors when I think about members of my own staff who are in incredibly committed monogamous relationships, same-sex relationships, who are raising kids together, when I think about those soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf and yet feel constrained, even now that Don’t Ask Don’t Tell is gone, because they are not able to commit themselves in a marriage, at a certain point I’ve just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same sex couples should be able to get married’.
Obama is the first president to openly support gay marriage. Portions of the interview will air tonight on World News with Diane Sawyer and tomorrow morning on Good Morning America.
Most Watched Today
- Ellen DeGeneres Freaks Out Her Staffers By Sending Them Through A Haunted House
- This Heartbreaking Texting While Driving Story Will Convince You Not To Text And Drive
- ‘Funny Or Die’ Hidden Camera Reveals What It’s Like To Walk The Streets Of NYC As A White Man
- Terminally Ill Brittany Maynard Completes Bucket List, Puts Off Ending Her Own Life
- Hidden Camera Reveals What It’s Like To Walk Through The Streets Of New York City As A Woman
- Jim Carrey Perfectly Spoofs Matthew McConaughey’s Lincoln Commercials On ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Daniel Radcliffe Raps Blackalicious’ ‘Alphabet Aerobics’ Like A Pro On ‘The Tonight Show’