In an exclusive interview with ABC’s Robin Roberts, president Barack Obama publicly discusses same-sex marriage. During the interview Robin Roberts asks Obama if he still opposed same-sex marriage,
‘I have to tell you that over the course of several years as I have talked to friends and family and neighbors when I think about members of my own staff who are in incredibly committed monogamous relationships, same-sex relationships, who are raising kids together, when I think about those soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf and yet feel constrained, even now that Don’t Ask Don’t Tell is gone, because they are not able to commit themselves in a marriage, at a certain point I’ve just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same sex couples should be able to get married’.
Obama is the first president to openly support gay marriage. Portions of the interview will air tonight on World News with Diane Sawyer and tomorrow morning on Good Morning America.
Follow Most Watched Today on Facebook and you will always have the best online videos.
In Case You Missed It
Most Watched Today
- Two Navy Baseball Players Perfectly Lip Sync Frozen’s ‘Love Is An Open Door’
- Magician Stuns ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ With ‘Jaw-Dropping Dove Illusions’
- Drivers Navigate A Chaotic Intersection With No Traffic Lights In Ethiopia
- Cat Uses Fishing Pole Cat Toy To Play With Another Cat
- Tiny Hungry Hamster Stuffs Five Baby Carrots Into Its Mouth
- Intelligent Bonobo Ape Builds Fire And Roasts Marshmallows
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly
- Brian Williams Raps ‘Gin And Juice’ By Snoop Dogg
- Watch What Happens When 24 People Apply For The ‘World’s Toughest Job’
- Compilation Of Scaredy Dogs Terrified Of Walking Past Cats
- ‘Girls Who Read’ – A Spoken Word Poem By Mark Grist
- Senator Nearly Taken Out By Speeding Train During Press Conference On Rail Safety
- Man Dances On Street Corner For 30 Minutes After Losing A Bet To His Brother
- Parents Perfectly Lip Sync Frozen’s ‘Love Is An Open Door’
- Irish Priest Surprises Wedding Couple With His Version Of ‘Hallelujah’