In an exclusive interview with ABC’s Robin Roberts, president Barack Obama publicly discusses same-sex marriage. During the interview Robin Roberts asks Obama if he still opposed same-sex marriage,
‘I have to tell you that over the course of several years as I have talked to friends and family and neighbors when I think about members of my own staff who are in incredibly committed monogamous relationships, same-sex relationships, who are raising kids together, when I think about those soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf and yet feel constrained, even now that Don’t Ask Don’t Tell is gone, because they are not able to commit themselves in a marriage, at a certain point I’ve just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same sex couples should be able to get married’.
Obama is the first president to openly support gay marriage. Portions of the interview will air tonight on World News with Diane Sawyer and tomorrow morning on Good Morning America.
Most Watched Today
- Vigilante Motorcyclist Gets Revenge On People Who Litter
- Toddler Ignores Military Protocol, Sprints Into His Mother’s Arms During Return Ceremony
- Family Rescues Hummingbird Stuck In A Wad Of Used Chewing Gum
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly
- Two Ferrets Have The Time Of Their Lives Playing In A Box Full Of Packing Peanuts
- Sh*t Girlfriends Say.
- Compilation Of Scaredy Dogs Terrified Of Walking Past Cats