Neil Armstrong, the first man to set foot on the moon, passed away today at shortly before 3pm ET. Armstrong had heart surgery earlier this month to relieve blocked coronary arteries, he died from complications that followed the cardiovascular procedures. President Barack Obama commented, ‘Neil (Armstrong) was among the greatest of American heroes – not just of his time, but of all time’. Armstrong was commander of NASA’s Apollo 11 moon landing mission, he set foot on the moon with lunar module pilot Buzz Aldrin on July 20th, 1969. Armstrong was one of only 12 men to set foot on the moon from 1969-1972. One month ago was the 43rd anniversary of the first moon landing.
First Moon Landing 1969.
Most Watched Today
- Compilation Of Scaredy Dogs Terrified Of Walking Past Cats
- Compilation Of Jerk Cats Stealing Dog Beds
- Los Angeles Overreacts To .26 Inches Of Rain
- Compilation Of Cats Being Jerks And Knocking Things Over
- Los Angeles Overreacts To Cold Temperatures
- ‘Fast & Furious’ Pays Tribute To Paul Walker With Touching Video
- This Japanese Tire Commercial Might Be The Scariest Commercial Ever
- Cancer Patients React To Receiving Hilariously Awful Makeovers
- Capuchin Monkey Teaches A Human How To Crush Leaves
- Slow Motion GoPro Footage Of BASE Jumper’s Cliff Jump Gone Wrong
- United States Air Force Band Surprises Museum-Goers With A Holiday Flash Mob
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly.
- Two-Year-Old ‘Trick Shot Titus’ Basketball Trick Shots
- Dancing Pistons Usher And Young Fan Have Second Dance-Off On ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’
- Paul Walker Once Anonymously Bought An Engagement Ring For A Young Iraq Veteran And His Fiancee