Neil Armstrong, the first man to set foot on the moon, passed away today at shortly before 3pm ET. Armstrong had heart surgery earlier this month to relieve blocked coronary arteries, he died from complications that followed the cardiovascular procedures. President Barack Obama commented, ‘Neil (Armstrong) was among the greatest of American heroes – not just of his time, but of all time’. Armstrong was commander of NASA’s Apollo 11 moon landing mission, he set foot on the moon with lunar module pilot Buzz Aldrin on July 20th, 1969. Armstrong was one of only 12 men to set foot on the moon from 1969-1972. One month ago was the 43rd anniversary of the first moon landing.
First Moon Landing 1969.
Follow Most Watched Today
Most Watched Today
- The Escherian Stairwell At The Rochester Institute Of Technology
- School Bus Driver Pulls April Fools’ Day Prank On His Students
- Oklahoma Tornado Survivor Finds Her Lost Dog During Interview
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly.
- Bug-A-Salt – Salt Gun That Kills Flies.
- 4-Year-Old Kai Sings ‘Grenade’ By Bruno Mars On Ellen.
- Two Men Experience What It Feels Like To Give Birth
- Animals Are Awesome
- Teen Dies Of Cancer, But Leaves Behind Touching Goodbye Song ‘Clouds’
- Abercrombie & Fitch Gets A Brand Readjustment
- Sh*t Girlfriends Say.
- High Diving Giraffes – Animated Short Film By Nicolas Deveaux
- ‘This Is Water’ Commencement Speech By David Foster Wallace
- ‘Clouds’ By Zach Sobiech.
- Compilation Of Creative Ways To Open A Beer
- Turbo Trailer
- How To Do Yoga With Your Cats
- The ‘Most Destructive Tornado In History’ Hits Moore, Oklahoma
- 2-Year-Old Josh Turnbull Scores A Goal
- Newborn Identical Quadruplets Think Their Dad Is Hilarious