In 2003 NASA launched two rovers to Mars to explore the planet, Spirit Mer-A and Opportunity [Mer-B]. In November of 2011 NASA launched Mars Science Laboratory [MSL] aka Curiosity which is six times larger than Spirit or Opportunity, at 10 feet long the rover is comparable to the size of a Mini Cooper. Jet Propulsion Laboratory shares with us ‘Seven Minutes Of Terror’, the moment the rover arrives in Mars’ atmosphere and prepares for landing. Curiosity is scheduled to land on Mars August 5th, 2012 at 10:31pm PDT, the rover will explore Mars for 687 days gathering information for future manned missions to Mars.
Follow Most Watched Today on Facebook and you will always have the best online videos.
In Case You Missed It
Most Watched Today
- Watch What Happens When 24 People Apply For The ‘World’s Toughest Job’
- Flight Attendant’s Plane Jokes Make Pre-Flight Safety Precautions Tolerable
- Grandma And Young Man Stun ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ With Spectacular Salsa Routine
- Worst ‘Wheel Of Fortune’ Contestant Ever Blows Shot At $1 Million Prize, Two Trips, A Car And More
- Father Creates Time-Lapse Of Daughter Growing From A Baby To A 14-Year-Old
- Four Well-Mannered Dogs Pray Before Eating Dinner
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly
- Compilation Of Scaredy Dogs Terrified Of Walking Past Cats
- Baby’s First April Fools.
- Irish Priest Surprises Wedding Couple With His Version Of ‘Hallelujah’
- Cat Excitedly Welcomes Home Her Owner After Three Days Away
- Liquorville / Three Way – SNL Sketch with Justin Timberlake and Lady Gaga.
- Man Dances On Street Corner For 30 Minutes After Losing A Bet To His Brother
- The Escherian Stairwell At The Rochester Institute Of Technology
- Two Girls With A Special Bond Become Best Friends Through Skype