The National World War II Memorial in Washington, D.C. opened in 2004, many WWII veterans are now old and unable to make the trip to see the memorial themselves. Honor Flight is an organization that ‘honors America’s veterans by transporting them to Washington, D.C. to see their memorials honoring their service and the ultimate sacrifices of their friends’. In 2009 Dan Hayes documented four WWII veterans trip to Washington D.C. on the Stars and Stripes Honor Flight [SSHF] from Wisconsin. For many veterans, the Honor Flight will not only be their first time seeing the memorial, but also their last trip away from home. Hayes turned his 5-minute ‘Every day is a bonus’ video into Honor Flight, a full length documentary. 28,442 attended the premiere of Honor Flight at Miller Park in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, setting a world record for the largest attendance at a film screening. For a list of Honor Flight screenings click here.
Honor Flight Trailer.
Every Day Is A Bonus.
Most Watched Today
- Los Angeles Overreacts To .26 Inches Of Rain
- The Escherian Stairwell At The Rochester Institute Of Technology
- Som Sabadell Flash Mob.
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly.
- Kmart’s Controversial ‘Show Your Joe’ Commercial
- The X Factor UK – Christopher Maloney.
- Cat Wearing A Shark Costume Cleans The Kitchen On A Roomba
- Rion Paige X Factor Audition
- Helmet Camera Captures Firefighter Bringing A Tiny Kitten Back To Life
- Dubstep Car Alarm.
- Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders Vs. U.S. Troops – ‘Call Me Maybe’.
- Young Fan And An Usher Have Epic Dance Battle During Pistons-Knicks Game
- Liquorville / Three Way – SNL Sketch with Justin Timberlake and Lady Gaga.
- How To Open A Can Without A Can Opener
- Cat Sees His Owner For The First Time In 6 Months