The National World War II Memorial in Washington, D.C. opened in 2004, many WWII veterans are now old and unable to make the trip to see the memorial themselves. Honor Flight is an organization that ‘honors America’s veterans by transporting them to Washington, D.C. to see their memorials honoring their service and the ultimate sacrifices of their friends’. In 2009 Dan Hayes documented four WWII veterans trip to Washington D.C. on the Stars and Stripes Honor Flight [SSHF] from Wisconsin. For many veterans, the Honor Flight will not only be their first time seeing the memorial, but also their last trip away from home. Hayes turned his 5-minute ‘Every day is a bonus’ video into Honor Flight, a full length documentary. 28,442 attended the premiere of Honor Flight at Miller Park in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, setting a world record for the largest attendance at a film screening. For a list of Honor Flight screenings click here.
Honor Flight Trailer.
Every Day Is A Bonus.
Follow Most Watched Today on Facebook and you will always have the best online videos.
In Case You Missed It
Most Watched Today
- Watch What Happens When 24 People Apply For The ‘World’s Toughest Job’
- Flight Attendant’s Plane Jokes Make Pre-Flight Safety Precautions Tolerable
- Father Tries To Reason With His One-Year-Old Son
- Grandma And Young Man Stun ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ With Spectacular Salsa Routine
- Calvin The ‘Junk Mail Dog’ Battles Mailman Through The Mail Slot
- Worst ‘Wheel Of Fortune’ Contestant Ever Blows Shot At $1 Million Prize, Two Trips, A Car And More
- Father Creates Time-Lapse Of Daughter Growing From A Baby To A 14-Year-Old
- Four Well-Mannered Dogs Pray Before Eating Dinner
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly
- Baby’s First April Fools.
- Compilation Of Scaredy Dogs Terrified Of Walking Past Cats
- Man Dances On Street Corner For 30 Minutes After Losing A Bet To His Brother
- Cat Excitedly Welcomes Home Her Owner After Three Days Away
- Liquorville / Three Way – SNL Sketch with Justin Timberlake and Lady Gaga.
- Irish Priest Surprises Wedding Couple With His Version Of ‘Hallelujah’