The National World War II Memorial in Washington, D.C. opened in 2004, many WWII veterans are now old and unable to make the trip to see the memorial themselves. Honor Flight is an organization that ‘honors America’s veterans by transporting them to Washington, D.C. to see their memorials honoring their service and the ultimate sacrifices of their friends’. In 2009 Dan Hayes documented four WWII veterans trip to Washington D.C. on the Stars and Stripes Honor Flight [SSHF] from Wisconsin. For many veterans, the Honor Flight will not only be their first time seeing the memorial, but also their last trip away from home. Hayes turned his 5-minute ‘Every day is a bonus’ video into Honor Flight, a full length documentary. 28,442 attended the premiere of Honor Flight at Miller Park in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, setting a world record for the largest attendance at a film screening. For a list of Honor Flight screenings click here.
Honor Flight Trailer.
Every Day Is A Bonus.
Follow Most Watched Today
Most Watched Today
- The Escherian Stairwell At The Rochester Institute Of Technology
- Russell Brand Destroys MSNBC’s ‘Morning Joe’ And Shows Them How To Do Their Job
- Giant Python Snake Opening A Door Will Give You Nightmares
- Jimmy Fallon And Brad Pitt Yodel Duet
- ‘(I Wanna) Channing All Over Your Tatum’ Music Video
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly.
- Star Wars ‘Using The Force’ Elevator Prank
- Fresh Breath Of Farm Air – A ‘Fresh Prince’ Parody
- John Unger And His Dog Schoep.
- Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues Trailer
- 3-Year-Old Dustin Sings Nicki Minaj On Ellen.
- Little Boy Explains To His Mother Why He Doesn’t Want To Eat Octopus
- ‘Prancercise’ Lady Stars In John Mayer’s New Music Video ‘Paper Doll’
- Photojournalist Captures Powerful Point-Of-View Video Inside Brazil Protests
- Disney ‘Frozen’ Teaser Trailer
- Danny MacAskill’s ‘Imaginate’ Riding Film
- Twin Baby Girls Have The Time Of Their Lives Playing With Rubber Bands
- ‘Bitchy Resting Face’ – Disorder That Makes Women Look Bitchy When They’re Not
- Sh*t Girlfriends Say.
- Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders Vs. U.S. Troops – ‘Call Me Maybe’.