At the age of seven this Asian elephant, named Hong, began painting with help from her mahout [caretaker], Noi Rakchang. When Hong was nine she was able to paint a picture of an elephant holding a flower using her trunk. Hong, along with a handful of other elephants in Thailand are now being trained to paint pictures. The artwork is sold anywhere from $200-$750, proceeds support The Asian Elephant Art & Conservation Project, which is dedicated to saving the diminishing number of Asian elephants by providing standards of training, care, food and habitat. This particular painting by Hong is named ‘I Picked This For You’ and sells for $750, to date Hong has painted this same picture over 90 times.
Most Watched Today
- Man Spends 17 Months Planning ‘The Perfect Proposal’, The Results Are Too Perfect
- Cat Attempts To Apologize To Another Cat
- Video Of ‘Potty-Mouthed Princesses’ Dropping ‘F-Bombs For Feminism’ Causes Controversy
- Kids Cry Tears Of Joy After Mom Finds Missing 13-Year-Old Cat
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly
- Budweiser’s New Puppy Commercial Is The Perfect Anti-Drunk Driving Ad
- Sh*t Girlfriends Say.