At the age of seven this Asian elephant, named Hong, began painting with help from her mahout [caretaker], Noi Rakchang. When Hong was nine she was able to paint a picture of an elephant holding a flower using her trunk. Hong, along with a handful of other elephants in Thailand are now being trained to paint pictures. The artwork is sold anywhere from $200-$750, proceeds support The Asian Elephant Art & Conservation Project, which is dedicated to saving the diminishing number of Asian elephants by providing standards of training, care, food and habitat. This particular painting by Hong is named ‘I Picked This For You’ and sells for $750, to date Hong has painted this same picture over 90 times.
Most Watched Today
- Vigilante Motorcyclist Gets Revenge On People Who Litter
- Toddler Ignores Military Protocol, Sprints Into His Mother’s Arms During Return Ceremony
- Family Rescues Hummingbird Stuck In A Wad Of Used Chewing Gum
- Sh*t Girlfriends Say.
- Two Ferrets Have The Time Of Their Lives Playing In A Box Full Of Packing Peanuts
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly
- Father’s Peekaboo Beard Surprise Frightens Baby Daughter