At the age of seven this Asian elephant, named Hong, began painting with help from her mahout [caretaker], Noi Rakchang. When Hong was nine she was able to paint a picture of an elephant holding a flower using her trunk. Hong, along with a handful of other elephants in Thailand are now being trained to paint pictures. The artwork is sold anywhere from $200-$750, proceeds support The Asian Elephant Art & Conservation Project, which is dedicated to saving the diminishing number of Asian elephants by providing standards of training, care, food and habitat. This particular painting by Hong is named ‘I Picked This For You’ and sells for $750, to date Hong has painted this same picture over 90 times.
Follow Most Watched Today on Facebook and you will always have the best online videos.
In Case You Missed It
Most Watched Today
- Watch What Happens When 24 People Apply For The ‘World’s Toughest Job’
- Drunk Man Struggles To Get Through Fence Until Boy Unintentionally Helps Him
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly
- A Simple Technique For Cutting Cherry Tomatoes In Half
- Teen’s Unsafe Selfie Near Train Gets Disrupted By Train’s Conductor
- Father Tries To Reason With His One-Year-Old Son
- Student With Down Syndrome Has The Best Reaction To College Acceptance Letter
- Compilation Of Scaredy Dogs Terrified Of Walking Past Cats
- Flight Attendant’s Plane Jokes Make Pre-Flight Safety Precautions Tolerable
- Man Dances On Street Corner For 30 Minutes After Losing A Bet To His Brother
- Four Well-Mannered Dogs Pray Before Eating Dinner
- Well Trained Dogs Patiently Wait To Be Called By Name For Dinner
- Kristen Bell – Sloth Causes Birthday Meltdown.
- Grandma And Young Man Stun ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ With Spectacular Salsa Routine
- Father Creates Time-Lapse Of Daughter Growing From A Baby To A 14-Year-Old