After being diagnosed with Glioblastoma multiforme, an aggressive form of brain cancer, in January of this year, 29-year-old Brittany Maynard made a bucket list and public plans to end her own life. Given less then six months to live, Maynard planned to die Saturday, November 1st by taking medication. In a new video posted to her website Thursday, Maynard explains why she has decided to delay ending her life. Watch Brittany’s original video here.
[CompassionChoices] [TheBrittanyFund] [H/T:USAToday]
Near the end of her final high school cross country meet, Melanie Bailey from Devils Lake, North Dakota stopped running to help injured competitor Danielle LeNoue. Bailey told LeNoue to hop on her back, and the two crossed finished the race together, one carrying the other. Despite finishing 8-and-a-half minutes behind the first place finisher, Bailey says, “I loved the way I ended it. It was a great way to end my cross country season.”
An unidentified man is being hailed a hero this week after he risked his life to save an elderly man from a raging house fire. Cell phone video from Beth Lederach shows the unidentified man entering the home at the :50 mark. 40 seconds late he’s seen sprinting out of the home with 73-year-old Robert Wells over his shoulder.
Unedited Rescue Footage
After six dates, a man named Lawrence ended his relationship with a 30-year-old woman named Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa. Genoveva was not ready for the relationship to end and began stalking Lawrence by camping out on his roof. On Sunday, she went a step further and attempted to break in to Lawrence’s home by climbing down his chimney, she was unsuccessful and was arrested.
Last week, a 17-month-old German shepherd/mastiff mix named Ripple helped Global Edmonton’s weatherman Mike Sobel deliver the weather. Unfortunately for Sobel, Ripple could not care less about the weather and spends the segment chewing straight through his leash. For information on adopting Ripple, visit the Edmonton Humane Society.
Most Watched Today
- Terminally Ill Brittany Maynard Completes Bucket List, Puts Off Ending Her Own Life
- Daniel Radcliffe Raps Blackalicious’ ‘Alphabet Aerobics’ Like A Pro On ‘The Tonight Show’
- Ridiculously Adorable Baby Goat Says ‘What What’
- Hidden Camera Reveals What It’s Like To Walk Through The Streets Of New York City As A Woman
- Jim Carrey Perfectly Spoofs Matthew McConaughey’s Lincoln Commercials On ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Cat Attempts To Apologize To Another Cat
- This Heartbreaking Texting While Driving Story Will Convince You Not To Text And Drive