Canada has announced they will begin to withdraw the Penny from circulation beginning fall 2012. The reason for the change is that Canada loses $11 million each year supplying pennies to the economy. To cope with the new change Canadian prices will either round up or round down to the nearest $.05 when paying with cash. Paying with check or card the price will remain the same. Other countries that have already abolished their low-denomination coins include Australia, Brazil, Finland, Israel, Netherlands, New Zealand and more. Colin Grey has created ‘Death To Pennies‘ which explains why the penny should also be abolished in the United States.
Follow Most Watched Today on Facebook and you will always have the best online videos.
In Case You Missed It
Most Watched Today
- Houdini Honey Badger Repeatedly Escapes His Enclosure
- Watch What Happens When 24 People Apply For The ‘World’s Toughest Job’
- Best Pole Dancer Ever – Jenyne Butterfly
- Compilation Of Scaredy Dogs Terrified Of Walking Past Cats
- Man Dances On Street Corner For 30 Minutes After Losing A Bet To His Brother
- Young Boy Hugs A Chicken Named Love Bird
- Man Sings ‘Let It Go’ In Voices Of 21 Disney And Pixar Characters
- Liquorville / Three Way – SNL Sketch with Justin Timberlake and Lady Gaga.
- Mysterious ‘Ghost Car’ Appears To Come Out Of Nowhere
- Kristen Bell – Sloth Causes Birthday Meltdown.
- Cat Excitedly Welcomes Home Her Owner After Three Days Away
- Irish Priest Surprises Wedding Couple With His Version Of ‘Hallelujah’
- Four Well-Mannered Dogs Pray Before Eating Dinner
- Cast Of ‘The Lion King’ Surprises Passengers By Singing ‘Circle Of Life’ On Flight Home
- Heavy Caterpillar Machines Play Jenga With 600-Pound Pieces